The World Overcomers’ Church was founded by Evan., Steve K. Pelemo and was inaugurated on the 15th July, 1990. The inauguration service was held in a flat at No 6, Oguntade Street, off Cele Bus stop, Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, Agege, Lagos, Nigeria. The Church is an arm of The World Overcomers Ministries, which started in 1983. The Village Crusade Mission also started in 1983 with the first crusade in Akoko Edo Local Government.
The Church rented a parcel of land (opposite this building) where it erected a temporary structure in January 1991. The Church moved to her present location (13, Bolatito Street, off- Ota Road, Oke-Odo Abule-Egba, Lagos) on 26th March, 1995.
The Name of the Church is derived from 1John 5:4. ‘ For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith’
The purpose of The World Overcomers’ Church is to raise champions (overcomers) in Christ.
We pray that, as you browse through these pages, you will receive divine insight, inspiration and direction, to enable you experience the life-transforming power in the word of God in Jesus name!
Our message is… “Whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith”. God-given solutions have been before any problems and through Jesus we shall overcome every problem or challenge that may come our way.
As the world overcomers, we have testimonies to the efficacy of God’s word in rooting out the works of darkness and establishing abundant life in our homes, families, ministries, businesses and nation.
- Jesus ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Most High God, the place of power
- In the trinity and second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 1:11) and that Salvation is for all and by faith. (Romans 3:23)
- There is only one God. (Matt.16:17)
- Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. (Matthew 1:18-25)
- The only Way is Jesus. (John 14:6)
- The Bible is God’s word. (2Tim.3:16)
- He was crucified, died, buried and resurrected on the third day. (1Cor.15:4)
- The Dead shall rise again. (1Thess.4:16-17)
- The Lord’s Supper (Matthew 26:26-29), Water Baptism (Matthew 28:19)
- Holy Ghost Baptism. (Mark 16: 17-18; Acts 1:8)
- We believe in tithes and offering. (Mal 3:8-12)
Our Mission Statement
- To discover the power, the grace and our inheritance in Jesus Christ.
- To develop the potentials of God’s people and release them for life and kingdom impact.
- To preach the gospel of Jesus Christ in the cities, villages and other remote parts of the world
- To help people live an abundant and victorious Christian life here on earth
- To prepare people for eternity. 1John 5:4.
Our Core Values
CHRIST-CENTRED: Gal 2:20. Our principles are guided by what Christ would do in the same situation we find ourselves. Will he complain? Will he tell a lie? Will he fight? Our thoughts and actions always reflect that of Christ. Phil 2:5: Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus. We are committed to the following: Joshua:1:8
A. Confession B. Meditation C. Observation D. Action or doing E. Prosperity/good success
We cherish personal encounter with God’s word. We treasure the Rhema – inspired word of the Lord – over the logos.
ACCOUNTABILITY: MATT 25:14-33., Psalm 78:72. We are responsible to each other.
RELATIONSHIP DESIGNED: We are a people bound by the cord of love in Christ Jesus hence we look after the wellbeing of one another. Phil.2:3-5. This we do through: LOVE, CARE – Contact, Attention, Relation, Encourage.
EXCELLENCE: Daniel 6:3-4. Our Lord is a God of Excellence. Our God is Excellence personified and being His children, we are excellence-oriented. Everything we do is done with an excellent spirit and we have better rewards for this.